Monday, May 17, 2010

Cold Peanut-Noodle Salad Recipe

I found this recipe for Cold Peanut-Noodle Salad by searching for recipes with the ingredient cilantro. I had some leftover from Scallop Ceviche (which I highly recommend) and I could simply not let such flavor go to waste.  The concept sounded delicious and the picture was enticing.  Peanuts?  Yes please.  However, read the ingredients...there is no peanut butter in this dish.  What could possibly be better than peanut butter?  Exactly.  


I made a few changes at the recommendation of the BF.  Instead of buying all the veggies (Chinese cabbage, cucumbers, scallions) he bought a broccoli / cabbage slaw mix from Trader Joe's.  The rationale of this decision being why do all the work, when someone else can do it for you? Everything else about the recipe I followed.


Verdict?  The BF loved it and is taking it for work tomorrow.  He did, however, suggest more salt and possibly peanut butter be added next time.  I couldn't agree more with that suggestion, but overall I was not blown away.  This is so easy to make that if I could find a good "dressing" for the noodles then this could be an fast, quick dinner recipe.  Plus you get lots of fiber from the whole wheat noodles and veggies.  


P.S. The croutons are still amazing.  Why did I ever think to diet when there is so much good food in this world?  


My next mission is to master a copycat to Houston's AMAZING veggie burger.  

No comments:

Post a Comment