Saturday, July 11, 2009

Yosemite

My two loves are coming to town from the Yosemite region.  Our family has a long history of living in the area, whether for work or pleasure, so the valley has a special place in my heart.  I was looking at old pictures in my mother's photo album of when my grandmother and her sisters used to work (and run...holler) Curry Village.  They no longer slide lit logs on the Horsetail Fall.  This tradition ended after a massive fire ensued.  However, the imagine of the event is still is breathtaking.  I can only imagine how magnificent it must have been to experience such a site firsthand.  Hear the crackles, feel the warmth, the flames creating fireworks dancing to their death below.  A final last eruption to be reborn into the applause of crowd.  

I would love to have a job central to nature.  Virgos created the Earth.  You want to get technical, the mythological beings representing Virgo is Demeter and from her core came Kore. The Virgo is connected to the Earth from conception. Further we are not just a malleable Earth sign, we are the most malleable sign of the zodiac.  The only constant is change.  Of any sign no one adapts like we do.  I can be put in any environment and thrive.  More than thrive, I'll create beauty and light.  But on a negative note, a malleable creature can be easily overconsumed by manipulation and powerful signs.  We change for others.  Ladies and gentleman that was your lesson on signs.

I know I'm meant to be in constant contact with the sun's rays and within ear shot of crashing waves.  The sun calms my soul.  Water eases my wondering mind.  Cruise ship nurse?  A nurse on an island?  

No comments:

Post a Comment